Indian post office is the biggest working postal services all around the world. To work and manage to serve more than one billion people need more than just vehicle and people. With speed post, now you can send your important things faster and cheaper. But How speed post tracking works? We are going to mention that in this article in detail.
You can do more than speed post tracking, you can also track
- Speed post (Domestic EMS)
- International EMS
- Electronic Money Order (eMO)
- Registered Mail
- Express Parcel
- Electronic Value Payable Parcel (eVPP)
How does speed post tracking work?
Its simple and you can easily track the Speed Post Status of your Speed Post Parcel.
- Find the Consignment Number/Reference Number/Post Office Tracking Number/Postal Tracking
- You will easily find that on the second line of the recipe you will get
- Enter the number on this page of Indian speed post tracking
- Enter the captcha image and wait for it
- You will get the whole detail of your Speed Post Status.
Speed Post Track Through SMS
You can track your Speed Post Parcel status with SMS too. You can SMS POST TRACK SPEEDPOST NUMBER to 166 or to 51969 to know the status of Speed Post parcel. You need to write it like this – For Speed Post article No.EE123456789IN.
1) The SMS is case sensitive. Use all CAPITAL LETTERS only.
2) The status will be available for items booked up to 60 days from the date of SMS inquiry.
3) The service is available from all the service providers in the Country.
4) Rates charged by the Service provider are applicable.
Speed Post Helpline Number
If any problem occurs during the speed post tracking, you call
- Toll-Free Helpline Number: 1924
- For International Mail: 1800-11-2011
- Visit this page of Indian postal service
India Speed Post Tracking Number Formats
|Category||Format||No. of digits|
|Speed Post (EMS) Domestic||EE123456789IN||13|
|International EMS Articles to be delivered in India||EE123456789XX||13|
|Electronic Money Order (eMO)||000000000000000000||18|
|Express Parcel Post||XX000000000XX||13|
Speed Post Charges
|Weight Slab||Up to 500 grams||Every additional 500 grams up to 5 Kilograms||Every additional 500 grams above 5 Kilograms|
|Between Metro and State Capital*||Rs.70||Rs.18||Rs.20|
|National capital Region-Delhi/ Ghaziabad/ Noida/ Greater Noida/ Faridabad||Rs.40||Rs.10||Rs.12|
|*Provided it is not covered under, within state or neighbor ring State.|
The above tariff shall be exclusive of taxes and the taxes, if leviable, have to be paid extra as notified by the Central Government from time to time.
You can use this information while visiting the post office to do a speed post. From those link and SMS you can track your Speed post easily.
India Post Payments Bank
Indian post office has one of the best banking systems in the country. Millions of people have a bank account in the post office. They offer more interest and you can open a bank account with minimum deposited.
You can deposit up to 1 lakh rupees and now they have introduced online payment and ATM services too. For more detail, visit the official page of India Post Payments Bank
IPPB offers 3 distinct accounts, tailored to suit the requirements of people everywhere.
- Regular Account – Safal
- Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) – Sugam
- BSBDA Small – Saral
How to Collect Speed Post Article Directly From Post Office?
You can collect your Speed Post Parcel directly from the post office. You just need to show your appropriate id which has your home address to which the parcel is being addressed. You cannot get your parcel with Speed Post Tracking ID.
There are many branches all around the country like Pondicherry, Allahabad, Ahmadabad, Amritsar, Noida, Trivandrum, Madurai, Trichy, Gurgaon, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar Calcutta, Calicut, Chandigarh, Cochin, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Patna, Nagpur, Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Lucknow, Jaipur.
- Insurance: Speed post offers the Rs.1.00 lakh insurance of consignments as per the norms.
- 24 hours booking facility: This facility is available in most of the major cities in selected offices.
- Internet-based Track and Trace system: Tracking facility is available for the customers from the booking to delivery.
- Delivery information on SMS: Customer gets the delivery confirmation SMS
- Cash on Delivery: The post office offers the COD options for e-commerce and online sellers.
Speed Post Delivery Service Standards
|Local *||1-2 Days|
|State Capital to State Capital||1-4 Days|
|Same State||1-4 Days|
|Rest of the Country||4-5 Days|
We hope this article would help track speed post. If you have any more question, do let us know in the comments.