As Jio Phone will be physically available to those who have pre-booked, on a first come first serve basis, it is important to register if you want to buy Jio Phone.
Most of us will have to wait till September to get a unit in our hands. Even then, the actual rush to pre-order the handset will begin on August 24, the date when Jio Phone bookings open. The pre-order process will be available both online and offline, so the rush to book the phone will be across the country.
JIO Phone Features and Specifications:
Mukesh Ambani has unveiled the JioPhone at the Reliance Industries Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2017. The JioPhone is a 4G VoLTE enabled feature phone. The Reliance Industries Limited chairman called the new JioPhone ‘India ka smartphone’, and it comes loaded with features like expandable SD card slot, 4-way navigation, and more. The feature phone has been a point of much anticipation after leaks and rumors started doing the rounds.
The JioPhone comes with an Alphanumeric keypad and features a headphone jack, microphone, speaker, and supports FM Radio as well. The 4G VoLTE-enabled JioPhone supports all languages, and users can speak to the device via voice commands. The company is giving people an option to browse the Internet on the new JioPhone as well, and it comes pre-loaded with Jio apps. The JioPhone’s effective price is Rs 0. This means, you can buy the phone at Rs 1500, which will be refunded after 3 years. The phone will be sold as first come-first serve basis from September 2017
Price and Data Plans:
- Reliance Industries Limited chairman Mukesh Ambani on Friday announced the JioPhone, a 4G VoLTE feature phone which he called ‘India ka Smartphone’.
- You can buy the phone at Rs 1500, which will be refunded after 3 years.
- The phone is a feature phone, but with a larger screen, access to apps and of course 4G data and 4G VoLTE calls and will effectively cost the customer Rs 0 for the device.
- JioPhone users will have to pay just Rs 153 a month, including the cost of the phone. There will be a weekly plan of Rs 54 and a two-day plan of Rs 24 with all the same features.
Availability and Date of Sale:
- The phone will be available for beta testing from August 15 and for pre-booking from August 24.
- The phones will be available for sale on a first come, first serve basis from the last quarter of 2017. The target is to make 5 million phones available every week.
- The JioPhone will always have free voice calls. From August 15, the JioPhone will come with free unlimited data.
Other Things to Know:
- The phone will offer an innovative cable link to television to help users view content on a big screen at home. Users will need to buy the Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan package of Rs 309 to get the extra data needed for this.
- The phone also responds to voice commands, which is unprecedented for a feature phone anywhere in the world.
- Jio will be the greatest accelerator of the Bharat-India connectivity, said Mukesh Ambani.
- Mukesh Ambani declared 15th August 2017, as ‘DIGITAL FREEDOM’ for all feature phone users with JioPhone.
Step by Step Procedure of How to Book Jio Free Phone Online in Pre-Registration?
- Visit Jio Free Phone Official Website jio.com.
- Once After Open Registration of phone, Image/ Button will be Displayed on Homepage.
- Click on JIO Free Mobile Phone Registration/ Pre Booking Button.
- Enter the Details of Phone number and Address, etc credentials.
- Fill up the shipping address, phone number, and other details.
- Through debit/credit card or Net banking, pay the deposit amount of Rs 1500.
- Thus the Jio free mobile will be booked successfully.
- For registered users, the mobile will be shipped in stipulated time. Only Delivered on the basis of First Cum First Serve.