IRCTC is part of Indian railway and online portal on the internet to book tickets and make a reservation. Over the year, just because if this website, booking a ticking became an easy task. Before that, we have to go to the railway station, stand in line and make a reservation. Now with just a few clicks, you can book a ticket from anywhere. If you are new at IRCTC, here is a guide on creating a new account on IRCTC and Book train ticket.
How to create a new account on IRCTC
First of all, you need to visit IRCTC website. You will find the home page of IRCTC, on the left side, you will find the login detail. Now we are going to learn how to create a new account on IRCTC first, so you need to click on Signup which is written in blue near User ID. You will be redirected to the signup page for IRCTC. You will find something like this,
You will see some detail like this
- Create a new user ID and Check availability
- Create a new password for IRCTC profile
- Security question
- Your name, gender, marital status, date of birth and occupation, this is mandatory as it has a red star near them
- Then you can attach your Aadhar card and pan card detail, it’s optional, but if you have Aadhar card attached, you can win free traveling.
- Then you need to enter your country, nationality ISD mobile number and email address, you cannot skip this one.
- Now you need to give your residential address where you live.
- Then you need to write down the words in the captcha and sing up for IRCTC
- You will receive an email of confirmation
After that, you just need to visit IRCTC home page again and log in. You will receive OTP on your mobile number which you have registered before. Once you confirm your OTP, you can book a ticket on IRCTC.
How to Book a ticket on IRCTC
Just log in with IRCTC and you will find a page in which you can search the train and their timing and route. Just enter the station name you are going to board and station name you want to go. Then you will see a list of the train, in which you can see
- The timing of the train
- Train number
- Train name
- Time of arrival and time od getting on the destination
- Total travel time
- You will be shown the availability of the train from every single day of the week
- You can check the class in which you want to travel to SL, 1A,2A,3A, 2S, CC, GN and they will show you which class is still available
Now let’s learn about the classes first to understand which one is good and which one is affordable.
- SL: it’s sleeping class which has three tire bed system. The middle bed can be fold to become back seat and people can sit on the first bed as a seat.
- 1A: AC first class, it has a personal cabin with all the facilities
- 2A: AC with two tire bed which mean there are two bed in the compartment
- 3A: just like sleeping class with 3 tire bed but with AC
- 2C: its seat arrangement with bench type seat in 3:2 formation
- CC: its chair class, which mean its just like traveling on the bus
- GN: general class, most general class have benches without a cushion on it and you can book the ticket for the same day
Now when you select your class, you will be shown how much it will cost. Price of the tickets. Then you can book your tickets. They will ask you for the detail like a senior citizen and ID cards which need to be shown when TC come to check your tickets. Then you just need to press book and you will receive the email and SMS of your ticket booking.
That is how you can create a new account in IRCTC and Book a Ticket on IRCTC. We hope all the information we share here will help you. if you have any more question, do let us know in the comment.