We have all been there when we lost something important. The sheer panic of not finding it and worried about getting a new one. In many cases, people lost their Aadhar card were more afraid as it would take many days to get a new one and nowadays Aadhar card has been used in every single thing. So, if you have lost or misplaced Aadhar card, here is how to apply for duplicate Aadhar card.
Steps to apply for duplicate Aadhar card
- You need to visit this page https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- Then you need to choose the appropriate option from Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrolment Number (EID)
- Now you need to write your full name
- The email address to which you will receive OTP
- A mobile number which you have registered
- Then write the security code as it was written, click on the get OTP number
- You will receive the OTP number in your email address and mobile number
- Enter OTP and you will get a text on your mobile which has either UID or EID number whichever you have to choose before.
How to get duplicate Aadhaar card from E-Aadhaar?
You have completed the half work to get a duplicate Aadhar card. Now you just need to follow this steps.
- After the first part is completed, you need to visit E-Aadhaar web portal.
- Then choose the option which you have selected earlier under I to have “Enrollment Id” OR “Aadhaar”
- Then you need to enter Aadhar number or Enrollment ID, your full name, pin code, Security Code and you already TOTP have so selected the Yes, I have TOTP. Do not send me OTP option.
- If you don’t have TOTP uncheck the box and get the OTP
- Enter the OTP number
- Now you can download duplicate copy of your Aadhar card
- To open the PDF of Aadhar card enter your Pin code as password
- Print it and save it, now you get your duplicate Aadhar card
Aadhar card is mandatory in every sector including banking to getting a new sim card. Make sure to have an extra copy of Aadhaar card with you. You can save your Aadhar card online but make sure not share any information on Aadhar card with anyone. If someone gets your Aadhar number, they can misuse it.
If you have any trouble with your Aadhar card or getting a duplicate Aadhar card you can contact 1947 (Toll-Free) or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. make sure to have your enrollment slip. You can’t get a duplicate Aadhar card without your enrollment slip.
We hope this article would help you get a Duplicate Aadhar card if you lost or misplaced it. if you have any question, just ask us in the comments.